As a business owner in Central Florida, you know how important it is to protect your people and property from fire. For this reason, you’ve installed fire extinguishers to follow the terms of Central Florida’s fire code and keep up with required fire extinguisher inspections and testing. However, there will come a day when you must replace your fire extinguishers with new ones.
Whether you need professional fire extinguisher testing services to determine if replacements are necessary or your old fire protection system is overdue for an upgrade, we’ll assess your fire risk and outfit your building with the proper type and number of fire extinguishers for safety and code compliance.
For reliable, code-compliant fire extinguisher replacement in the Orlando area, call United Fire Protection at (407) 218-8348.
Types of Fire Extinguishers We Replace
Whether you’re in the market for new or reconditioned fire extinguishers, we have the inventory to meet your needs. We install, service, and provide fire extinguisher training for the following:
- ABC fire extinguishers
- CO2 fire extinguishers
- Class K fire extinguishers
- Wheeled fire extinguishers
- Fire extinguisher brackets
- Fire extinguisher cabinets
Not sure what type of fire protection you need for your Central Florida business? Don’t make your purchase without first consulting with the fire safety professionals at United Fire Protection. We’ll ensure you make the right investment for the type of hazards in your building.
When Is it Time for a Fire Extinguisher Replacement?
With proper maintenance and repair work, fire extinguishers can easily last 20 years or longer. However, if your cylinders are getting old or were neglected in the past, a replacement may be more cost-effective than a repair. Here are the top signs that you should replace your fire extinguishers:
- Damaged cylinder or components – Visible signs of trouble include dents, leaks, rust, and corrosion. A loose or broken handle, damaged hose, cracked nozzle, or broken tamper seal are also problematic.
- Poor labeling – The inspector should initial and date the inspection tag to create a record of routine maintenance. If the label is missing, inspect the cylinder to determine if it’s still operational. Illegible operating instructions are also grounds for replacement.
- Failed hydrostatic test – Hydrostatic testing is required every five or 12 years, depending on the type of fire extinguisher. If the cylinder fails this test, it’s deemed unsafe to use and must be replaced.
- Change in building hazards – If you introduce a new fire hazard, such as adding a commercial kitchen, you need the appropriate extinguishers to battle any potential blaze that breaks out.
- Product recalls and old age – Manufacturer defects have led to many product recalls over the years. Simply getting old can also make extinguishers obsolete. Replace yours if they are any of the following: chemically activated soda acid or foam extinguishers, stored pressure dry chemical extinguishers manufactured before 1984, extinguishers from manufacturers who have gone out of business, or non-rechargeable extinguishers over 12 years old.
While you can look for these signs yourself, the best way to tell if it’s time for a fire extinguisher installation or replacement is to heed the advice of your fire protection company at each annual fire extinguisher inspection. The technician who services your cylinders will easily recognize the signs that they are no longer safe to use.
Fire Extinguisher Replacement in Central Florida
At United Fire Protection, we follow the guidelines established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). If your fire extinguishers need attention, we will recommend either repairing them or replacing them. No matter what route you take, we can perform the fire extinguisher services you need.
Take advantage of our over 20 years of experience serving the Orlando metro area—contact us today at (407) 218-8348 to arrange fire extinguisher replacement services!
Our Fire Extinguisher Replacement Service Area
We service the following areas in Central Florida: Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, DeBary, DeLand, Deltona, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Lakeland, Longwood, Maitland, Orange City, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St. Cloud, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Winter Park, Winter Springs, and the surrounding areas.