If you love to go 潜水 diving off the coast of Florida, you know how important your self-contained underwater breathing apparatus (潜水) is. That’s why you made a careful selection when you picked out the tank a few years ago.
Of course, purchasing a quality 潜水 tank is only the first step. 然后, you must have the cylinder hydrostatically or hydro-tested in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements. If it’s time for your next hydro-test, look to 美国消防 in Orlando for the services you need. Our facility is equipped to hydrostatically test various types of pressurized cylinders, 包括气瓶.
To schedule hydro-testing in 佛罗里达州中部, please contact 美国消防 at 今天.
A hydro-test is the method used to validate the structural integrity and safety of a high-pressure cylinder, 比如灭火器. 潜水 tanks are also tested in this manner because hydro-testing meets all of the DOT’s requirements for pressure test performance. Without routine testing, a degraded 潜水 tank could rupture and endanger the user’s life.
There are different ways perform 潜水 cylinder hydro-testing, but at 美国消防, we stick to the standard water jacket method. Here’s what this process entails:
- Empty the contents of the cylinder and perform a visual inspection of the interior and exterior, 找点蚀, 腐蚀, and other problems that could cause the tank to fail the test before it has even begun.
- If the cylinder passes the visual inspection, place it inside a steel test chamber and fill the chamber with water.
- Fill the canister with water and pressurize it to about 150% of the designated pressure limit.
- Hold the pressure for the required amount of time and examine the pressurized cylinder for signs of poor structural integrity, including leaks and changes in shape.
- 减压的汽缸, and as long as it passes the test, recharge it and return it to the customer, ready to be used in the next diving expedition.
When to Schedule Hydro-Testing for 潜水 Tanks
The DOT requires hydrostatic tests for 潜水 tanks every five years. If you’re not sure when the last test was performed, check the outside of the cylinder. There, you’ll find the year of manufacture, which is your first hint. If this date was about five years ago, it’s time for the cylinder’s first hydro-test.
If the date of manufacture was well over five years ago, look for a record of previous tests, which should be permanently marked on the outside of the cylinder. If you see no previous test dates, bring your 潜水 tank to 美国消防 to bring the cylinder up to code.
Before you refill the tank, make sure you check the re-test date. If five years have elapsed, have a hydro-test performed first. This is for your safety, peace of mind, and code compliance.
Schedule 潜水 Cylinder Hydro-Testing in Orlando
To take advantage of DOT-approved hydrostatic testing techniques in 佛罗里达州中部, look no further than 美国消防. Our experience with pressure testing cylinders dates back to 1994, and we’re certain we can perform the services you need quickly and thoroughly so you can go on your next dive with complete confidence.
To schedule hydro-testing at our Orlando facility, please call 美国消防 at or 在线888电子游戏官网 今天.