灭火器 in 奥兰多 & 中央FL
If a fire starts in your building, one of the best ways to minimize damage is to arm your employees with the proper type of 灭火器. Do you know which ones are appropriate for your business?
Learn more about portable 灭火器 here. Then, call 美国消防 at to arrange fire extinguisher installation at your Central Florida business.
The Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL) classifies 灭火器 based on the type of fire they put out. These classifications include:
- 甲级: Wood, paper, textiles, and some types of plastic are considered “ordinary combustibles.” When these ignite, it’s considered a Class A fire.
- 乙级: When flammable liquids burn—including 石油, gasoline, and kerosene—it’s called a Class B fire.
- 丙级: No matter what combustibles are burning, any fire that involves live electrical wiring is classified as a Class C fire.
- 类D: Combustible metal fires—which can occur in industrial settings with high amounts of magnesium, 钛, 钠, and other volatile metals—are known as Class D fires.
- 类K: Blazes that occur in the kitchen as a result of flammable grease, 石油, or fat are called 类K火灾.
Once you understand the five different classes of fire, you can start shopping for the right portable 灭火器 for your needs. Various extinguishing agents are used to fight fires, but the most important thing is to find the class rating labeled on the cylinder.
Here’s a breakdown of the five types of extinguishers we sell and install, along with how you should use them.
- ABC灭火器: Monoammonium phosphate is the extinguishing agent used in multipurpose extinguishers, which are capable of extinguishing A、B、C类火灾. They work by insulating and smothering the flames to separate them from the oxygen in the air and break the chain reaction required for them to burn. Monoammonium phosphate is also non-conductive, making it safe to use when electricity is involved.
- 二氧化碳灭火器: Carbon dioxide is appropriate for fighting fires in rooms with delicate electrical equipment because it leaves no corrosive residue behind. CO2 extinguishers can douse burning petrol and 石油. 这使他们适合 B类和C类火灾. 然而, make sure to never use CO2 on cooking fires. The fast discharge of extinguishing agent has the potential to splatter burning grease and exacerbate the situation.
- Wet chemical 灭火器: Wet chemicals are designed to tackle 类K火灾 在商业厨房. They work by smothering and cooling flammable cooking grease to prevent re-flashing. You can also use wet chemical extinguishers to fight A类火灾 that break out in the kitchen.
- 卤代烷灭火器: 哈龙是额定的 B类和C类火灾, but it’s also effective against A类火灾. Because of the ozone-depleting effects of Halon, production of this extinguishing agent ended with the Clean Air Act of 1994. 然而, 库存仍, allowing for the sale and use of extinguishers charged with recycled Halon.
- 由于Halotron灭火器: This halogenated clean agent is similar to Halon, but it has been approved as environmentally acceptable by the EPA. Different types of Halotron extinguishers are rated for either A、B、C类火灾 or B类和C类火灾.
Install Portable 灭火器 in Central Florida
This guide should give you an idea of which portable 灭火器 are appropriate for your business. Whether you still have questions about 灭火器 or you’re ready to place your order, 请 contact 美国消防 今天. We have over two decades of experience delivering quality fire protection services to customers in the 奥兰多 metro area.
我们的服务领域:爱尔塔蒙特温泉, Apopka, Casselberry, DeBary, 迪兰, Deltona, 基, 玛丽湖, 莱克兰, 洛伍德, 梅特兰, 橙色的城市, 奥兰多, 奥维耶多, 桑福德, St. 云,圣. Petersburg, Tampa, Winter Park, Winter Springs, and the surrounding areas.